Monday, January 17, 2011

"Rachel Whiteread: Drawings" at Tate Britain

I went to Rachel Whiteread's exhibition on Friday. She's most known for her sculptural works, but this exhibition focused on her drawings, and also exhibited some objects she owns. She is one of the few sculptural artists that I think makes personal and poetic works. (Anther one I just thought of is Do Ho Suh. I suppose houses as a subject makes it personal. And now that I think about it there are similarities between those two artists' works.)

The exhibition included works such as these here:
All photos from Tate ETC., Courtesy the artist and Gagosian, London © Rachel Whiteread

I would really like to recommend this exhibition, but it might have just finished this weekend. I too often go to exhibitions in the last minutes.
My notes from the exhibition:
For further reading I would recommend
http://www.tate.org.uk/tateetc/issue20/rachelwhiteread.htm