Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Blog Makeover

So, as you can see my blog got a new look! Whatcha think? One column layout grid inspired heavily by amazing Shini Park's Park & Cube blog.
One column may be a little controversial as you need to scroll all the way down to reach to the navigation bit, but I really wanted the emphasis to go on the visuals. I've reduced the number of posts per page, and I hope that helps a bit.
This layout is made to work well on iPads, and also I've started using different layout for mobile devices.

With interfaces and such, I like keeping things minimal and stay with monotones to go with any color that images in my posts may have. Though, orange is definitely trending inside me lately and I thought it may be nice for a change. What can I say, my inner Dutchman is calling.  I've also realized afterwards that the use of orange works with Blogger logo and Blogger interface (which only I would really see but it's still nice).
Plus, apparently Pantone 17-1463 Tangerine Tango is the color of 2012.


I seemed to be shopping for orange lately too. Expect me to wear that Peter Jensen orange sweater everywhere.


I am dying to re-design my website and also I would like to have a place where I can keep the photos that I take. I am very much liking Facehunter Yvan Rodic's Visual Diary site for an inspiration of that.