Tuesday, December 13, 2011

From Text to Book WIP (part.2)

Idea no.2
The writing was confusing just on their own and I thought it would be a good idea to read the text while looking at an example of actual book. This idea is separating writing into loose paper, inserting them into an actual book, to provide an reference of the text in order to enhance the reading experience of this confusing text.
I personally thought this was a weaker idea, as it seemed like I would be treating the book of my choice as a perfect example. However, at the interim-crit, I've presented both ideas and through feedbacks I've realized it would be interesting to create bookmarks, that allow readers to compare and contrast how different books can have different ways of displaying information. This text sound like a rule book, where things must be kept in a certain way, but that is actually not the case and different writers and publishers all practice in different ways. The idea of creating bookmarks can possibly highlight this point.

Above images are a study of how different sections could be fit into a single book. I've inserted the relevant texts in relevant pages of the book.
I've found out that some sections can belong in multiple locations, after inserting the text it is difficult to navigate text to relevant places, and the left over text suggest that books don't contain all the things that were talked about in the text.
The last image shows the leftover texts that this particular book did not contain.