Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tablier Lethaby

I made a set of aprons using photographs of our current st.Martins campus (Lethaby building), which we have to leave behind in few months time. I will post more details about this project on the blog or on my website sometime soon, but the core concept is about bringing history of our current campus into the new campus. It's appropriate because people will still be wearing aprons in the new buildings.


So, today I spent photographing the aprons with my pretty models. Two aprons that I made are, one is the image of Graphic Design silkscreen studio floor (hence the paint), and the other one is the floor of Textile Design studio (hence the thread). That's why we photographed actually in location, in the silkscreen studio and Textile Design studio, as well as some still shots in the corridor of our beautiful building. I got some nice stills as well as models (pretend to be) working in the workshops.




Photos turned out to be super cute. I'm proud of my choice of adorable models. Thank you to both Krisi and Florence for helping me out in this super-busy time of the year. I just noticed that this blog has turned into a 'thank you' blog. I feel like I'm thanking people in every post.

I have to repeat but my models were just so cute, I even made this animation gif: