Monday, May 23, 2011

The Web is meant to be updated

I've created new top page for my website! It was pretty dull before and I've always wanted to make it more engaging so here it is! Using my own Yava font! I like websites which immediately communicates what are the new and updated parts and I hope mine does that now in clearer and more engaging way.
You can check it out live on my website.

There are a lot of things I want to do with my website and I'm planning to gradually develop it in next week or so. That includes the use of Yava font. I'm hoping to use Yava for most, if not all of my branding. From my CV to business card to website to other things... So those need make over too! I've always used Futura, and is possibly my favorite font of all time, but I like the idea of using the font that's original to me. Plus my friends have been saying that Yava sort of resembles me. It's quite funny how people's typefaces resembles the creator. Especially how my friend Vicke's typeface looked exactly like her was really funny.

Use of Yava typeface probably needs a bit of testing before it goes full branding of myself. In any case this is the list of things that I hope to accomplish in terms of my web design and updates: