Saturday, June 11, 2011

Good Bye Pop Up Shop

Here today, gone tomorrow!
In the end I managed to sell all my bags so that's great! I've also been in touch with two people who are interested in buying my aprons so that's double greatness! I wasn't expecting my aprons to sell, it was meant to be a part of Off Sight exhibition only, but it will be sweet if they could find loving homes too. Let's see how that go.
This is how my apron is actually displayed at the moment in Off Sight exhibition. Looks pretty out of context but it then gained a description card bellow.
And it's featured in Off Sight catalogue, which was sold at Pop up shop for £10, but I believe you can still get hold of a copy if you are interested.

It was great seeing our stuff in various media, even some big names like Creative Review, Grafik magazine... And Sweet and Sound wrote this:
Central Saint Martins has an outstanding reputation for nurturing the talent of the crème de la crème of bright young minds. Offering a variety of different courses, often some of the most exciting work comes from graphic design.
What an impressive reputation we've got. Plus, they used MY image with THAT description. (Yes!)

It was all student-led. I wasn't involved in organization part at all but some of us organized EVERYTHING. They don't put their names out there and they were never bossy so I don't exactly know who and how many of us were involved in that process, but THANK YOU to all that people who did extra work for us. Particularly to Kate Goodridge, who was the main organizer, and for making absolutely lovely flyers and website.

The shop was not restricted by any brief, so it really allowed us to do something that we were passionate about. For me this pop up bags were about combining my long time passion towards ARCHITECTURE, FASHION TEXTILE, and PHOTOGRAPHY. I don't any way consider pursuing the path of those areas, but they all are great inspiration in my life and was nice to work with such elements!